Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPATION IN MOVE FOR MERCY CORPS AS A FUNDRAISER IN AID OF MERCY CORPS
These terms constitute the fundraising agreement between Mercy Corps and you, as a participant.
Event Terms & Conditions
By registering for the Move for Mercy Corps 2022, you agree to our Terms and Conditions below:
- Mercy Corps Europe (known as Mercy Corps) is a registered charity, number SC030289.
- It is a company registered in Scotland, number 208829
- I acknowledge that Move for Mercy Corps is a virtual walking/running/cycling fundraising event organised by the charity, Mercy Corps.
- I understand the event is free to enter and that I am making a commitment to fundraise.
Registering online for Move for Mercy Corps
- I agree that Mercy Corps can use the data provided for the purpose of contacting me to give information relating to Mercy Corps.
- Mercy Corps is committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) May 28 2018. There are three reasons for collecting information about you:
- to process your entry.
- to provide you with the best service possible.
- You will not receive emails about Mercy Corps’ projects and activities unless you have specifically opted in to receive this information.
- I acknowledge this is a fundraising event and commit to raise the minimum sponsorship pledge as advertised on the event webpage, excluding any Gift Aid. In the event that any sponsorship is raised offline, then I commit to paying to Mercy Corps as soon as reasonably possible and in any case within 8 weeks after the date the Event ends.
Event risks, medical conditions & liability
- I acknowledge that Move for Mercy Corps is a virtual walking, running or cycling event and must adhere to current COVID-19 guidelines when completing the event.
- I understand that I can choose whether to walk, run, cycle or swim the distance and I have until 30th June 2022 to complete the distance.
- All Participants agree that, as far as they are aware, they are fit and physically able to take part in the Event. It is each Participant’s own responsibility to assess their fitness and to ensure that they participate only if sufficiently fit. Should any medical or physical condition arise prior to the Event which is likely to affect a Participant’s ability to take part in the Event, the Participant should withdraw from the Event.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to choose how to complete the distance over the time available that is right for me and I am 100% responsible for selecting a safe route.
- I acknowledge that I am participating in the Event at my own risk and that Mercy Corps cannot be held liable for any injury, accident, loss, damage or public liability caused or sustained before, during, or after the Event, as a result of my participation, unless caused by the negligence of Mercy Corps. In addition, they cannot be held liable for any changes made to the Event for safety reasons, or as otherwise planned through circumstances beyond their control.
- I understand that I am responsible for my own safety and my own actions (including the safety of my possessions) whilst undertaking this challenge.
- I acknowledge that children can take part in Move for Mercy Corps but need to be supervised and accompanied by a responsible adult over 18.
- By signing up to Move for Mercy Corps you are agreeing to receive information and resources from Mercy Corps relating to the Event.
- Each Participant agrees that information provided to Mercy Corps in connection with Move for Mercy Corps may be used by Mercy Corps in accordance with prevailing GDPR.
- Mercy Corps will use the information provided by Participants to manage the Participant’s involvement in the Event. Mercy Corps will keep the Participant up to date with Mercy Corps activities or provide any other information in accordance with their stated preferences.
You can update your preferences at any time, to change your preferences, or request to stop receiving communications please contact us on 0131 662 5160 or at
Acceptance of these Terms and Conditions
By registering with Mercy Corps to participate in the Event, a Participant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
Thank you for choosing Team Mercy Corps